Home Theater Installation
New construction & large remodeling projectsIf you’re the owner or contractor remodeling or building a new home think about what technologies you will want and need for now and in the future. Technology is changing very rapidly and has become a challenge to know what to prepare for. You will want the appropriate wiring installed before the drywall goes up.
Think about connectivity for
- Structured wiring enclosure: central hub for wires to the street, satellite, each TV, telephone jack and computer.
- Ethernet: using cat 5e or cat 6 wires for: Wi-Fi access points, computers, TV apps, system control touch screens, & other devices for easier living,
- Wi-Fi: This has become a huge problem now and will be more so in the near future. Whole home wireless connectivity must be very robust & fast as it’s the future for more: tablets, laptops, games, wireless TVs, wireless speakers, wireless security systems and other wireless items.
- TV: Specific locations for now and the future. Also for patio TVs
- Music and surround sound: speakers should be wired instead of wireless if at all possible. Wireless speakers are very good but they still need to be plugged into AC power so the cord will show.
- Camera & video surveillance systems: cameras need to be in the best locations to see the front door, driveway, walkways, pool etc.
- Security alarm systems: about half of the new alarm systems are wireless because of the ease and cost of installation.
Existing homesIf you are purchasing a “new to you” home and want to have the audio video system upgraded, or add a smart home automation system here are some things to consider:
Audio and video
- Many changes have been made in the last 5 years let alone 15 years. All TVs and video devices have switched from analog using the red, green & blue cables to digital using HDMI cables. That means that to add new items i.e., Apple TV, etc. the wires need to be changed to HDMI.
- If you’re over, say 20, and your vision and hearing isn’t quite as good there are many ways to help. Larger TVs with the improved clarity make it much more comfortable to watch. Having the main speakers near the TV allows you ears and eyes to work together and make it easier to hear the dialog.
- Simplifying your life is a great goal. Think about adding a home automation system. It will operate your home entertainment system with one remote instead of several. It can also help you operate your lighting, security system, thermostats, drapes and much more. Look at our home automation page for more detail.
- We upgrade or design many new systems without needing to add wires throughout you home. This saves your money.
- Many homes have niches and odd shaped media walls that should be redesigned and remodeled. Have us see your home for ideas to beautify your home.
|Before installation||After installation|
Call 480-315-8877 to speak to us about home theater installation or click here to contact us.
It's simple to contact us with your questions & thoughts. I'll give you easy to understand answers that will help you with your situations.
Recent Blog PostsView all Blog Posts
Independent Client Reviews
Product recommendation was perfect for me!
- Joe L., Scottsdale, AZView all reviews